January 8, 2011

Does the Negative Ion Foot Bath Work?






Recently, it seems that there has been a sudden interest in a machine called the Negative Ion Foot Bath. Now before we decide which NIFB to dissect, I'd like to spend a little time on what negative ions are and where they are found in nature. Have you ever wondered why humans are so fascinated by water? Sure we require water to survive - drinking, bathing etc. I used to think that I loved the color blue or loved to be near water because I am a Cancer sign. While that may still be the case, let us ponder how we feel when we see a waterfall.

Imagine for a moment that you are hiking down a trail in what appears to be a jungle. The path is tight and steep, and you wonder how much further your destination is. You are weary from your hike and then you round a bend and there it is. A waterfall. You hear the crash of the sheets of water crashing against stone and more water. You smell the fresh scent of clean, oxygenated water. You may even rush forward and feel the mist on your cheeks.

How would you describe what you are feeling? Exhilaration? Freedom? Euphoria? Clean and Alive? You were weary just moments ago on your hike but now you feel refreshed as if this waterfall gave you energy, right? Well, you see, waterfalls are generators in a way. They generate massive amounts of negative ions. I could probably publish an entire blog on just my fascination of water features, but that will have to be a topic for another day. I am in the market for a NIFB at the moment and I wonder if you have had any experiences regarding the matter?

Now a quick search of Negative Ion Foot Bath Machines on any of a number

of Shopping websites, comes up with a range of machines in the price range of
45 to 450 dollars a piece. Which is part of the reason that I decided to blog about
this subject. They also range in power usage/putout which then determines how
effective the machine is. Then there are the machines that look like they were made
by a reputable company-some look professional like the one in the picture. There are also the kind that are bare bones, but claim to be more efficient. I think in the end I will just pick a mid-range one. I may just pick a bare bones machine. Who needs ergonomic plastic to surround the inner-workings of the machine anyway, right?

The machine itself would be so handy for detox applications. I could always charge people to use the machine, maybe I would be able to get some of my money back out of the thing. I wonder how easily you could incorporate that into a clinical setting, or if there would be a market for a one-time-use-for-a-fee sort of service. I guess I will just have to figure out what my priorities are on the matter, and whether I think this will work enough to spend about 300 dollars on a machine for my feet. I will let you know eventually if I do go ahead and get one of these and then answer some of the questions that I have just posed.

In the meantime however, if you have any experience with one of these implements, I would greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding the Negative Ion Foot Bath.


1 comment:

  1. Well, i have since purchased an ion foot bath, and let me just say, while i am still forming my opinion, of the three times i have completed a treatment, i have had amazing results. The water turns a nasty color, but the aftermath is euphoric.

    I did a treatment when i woke up today (it was my day off) and the entire rest of the day i was vibrating at an insanely high frequency. I walked around Sun Harvest and positively felt like i was floating around. Complete strangers were talking to me, and people making eye contact were curious and sending their own positive energies. Today was an off the chart amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete