January 1, 2011

Flavorite: Cheesy Kale Crisps by Kaia

      I tried to limit my immediate consumption of the Kaia Kale Crisps I bought at the market last week, I promised myself I would only eat 2 or three ounces and then i would save the rest for another day. The bag was a bit difficult to open, but then i tend to have difficulty opening most plastic items. But once i had the bag open (reusable-nice), my taste buds were in love. The paper thin flakes, that melted on the tongue and tasted closer to cheese than i had heretofore tasted as far as vegan cheese goes. I was ecstatic and I quickly finished the entire bag in less than 24 hours.







Now as you can tell by the price of the item above, that would be an expensive habit to support. So I took about a cup of "7 Bean Soup mix", and sprouted it for a week. Then i "breaded" it with about a cup of nutritional yeast, some sea salt and coconut oil. Next I dehydrated it for about 6 hours until they were nice and crisp with a bit of a chewy center. Voila, raw vegan sprouted 7 bean snack that tastes cheesy. How very satisfying.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment