January 1, 2011

New Years Day

Today was a chill day for me, well more chill than normal. Before we get started though I should tell a bit of the backstory. Yesterday, New Years Eve, my mothers side of the family held their every 6 or 7th year reunion, so for the most part of the day we spent our afternoon in the rented dining hall of a small, strange church in a tinier town. Boredom ensued, and as is the case when the mood shifts I feel its my duty to keep the "party" moving. So very animated, I talked, and talked. from 12pm to 10pm, I entertained my heart out. So when we finally returned home, (my brother and I carpooled), I was quite exhausted, we returned home to quickly change and go to a NY'E party. We ran into the party, just in time for the 7,6,5,... Then Hooray!!! Quick peck on the respective singles' cheeks. Making my way around to the various cliques and groups of friends, making an appearance, shaking hands, asking concerned questions. By the time I was returning to my car it was 2:35am. In bed by 3:00am... dozing, dreaming, asleep...


Alarm: 5:15am- climb out of bed
Walking into work by 6am to work the old 8 hour shift.

But the fun thing is, I was able to come home 15 minutes early, make dinner, listen to music, and relax. Sitting here relaxing is what I am doing as I sit here beginning what I hope to be a Long and Fruitful Endeavor. I hope to be enriched by you as you comment on my articles, I hope our paths will align and we will feel enriched and strengthened by this exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment